Joy and happiness are two main pills ..💊 .. our lives depend on for satisfaction. Of course we need no water to swallow them .. 😀. Everything smooth sails when we have them as life companions. However, If or when things take a different turn when tough times approach with a different pill, we suddenly become accutely aware of our human frailty. During tough times, we cope with life less and the popular saying – “When life goes tough, the tough gets going” in real practical terms helps so little unless we get going with some real time help, using the right tools. Self help that is.. .
I suggest self help, as very rarely can lasting happiness and joy be generated outside of a human being. Thought .. 💭.. Speech .. and Actions are the three unique tools we require to engage properly with our natural G-d given pull out of tough times.
* Taking control of unhappy thoughts, and deciding to do something about them is the first step. Difficult but doable.
* Next, is to speak to yourself or to a trusted friend or Counsellor. King David constantly spoke to himself during tough times.
* Finally is to embark on some positively fruitful actions as discussed below:
So what is the best way to go when things get tough?
What works for Joe may not necessarily work for Betty. But at least we can take a look at some tried and tested way and try them out for ourselves. I personally will never write off any suggestion as unworkable until I have tried it out with an open mind. Negativity is the biggest enemy of progress, let’s not forget.
In practical terms, I will suggest the following:
* Stop 🛑 struggling with the situation(s).. the object(s) or subject(s) .. (that implies also the other person or persons) and concentrate on creating and generating my own happiness.
* Give to the needy.. my time and/or my substance – regardless of my own situation. “Giving little out of my little” sacrificially, and watch the impact on my emotions. Giving some time to help someone in need and watching their face light up💡 could be very therapeutic. The intensity of the light in their faces warms the giver’s heart 💔 so much that the coldness created by tough times begins to melt away..👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
The natural, G-d – given state of every human is to be full of joy and happiness ..😆 if we do the right things. UnG-dly intrusive interventions bring about the opposites in human life.
And then, only after then.. will I get going, and keep going, with prayers in my heart 💓 and music on my lips 👄.. . Paying NO ATTENTION to whatever circumstances or whoever it was that opened the door and robbed me in the first instance, of my G-d given joy and happiness.
Praying and wishing for you joy and happiness